Play the lottery game that stirs Italian dreams!
The Italian SuperEnalotto is a modified version of the glorious Enalotto of the 1950s. Re-launched in 1997, the formula's simplicity and number of record-breaking wins has made the lottery so popular that Italians reportedly spend over EUR27 billion a year on lottery play.
Biggest Individual Winner/PayoutEUR177,729,044.00 on October 30, 2010
|Quick Facts Italian Lotto 6/90|
|First Draw||December 03, 1997|
|Draw Schedule||Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 8pm|
|Biggest Jackpot||EUR177,729,044.00 on October 30, 2010|
|Biggest Individual Winner/Payout||EUR177,729,044.00 on October 30, 2010|
Less than a year after its launch, the game made world lottery history when 100 players (practically the whole village of Peschici) shared a EUR32,706,977.38 prize in October 1998.
In May 2005, ten lucky players from Milan won EUR72 Million, breaking the fantastic record previously set in August 2003 where one fortunate player cashed in on EUR66 Million!
On October 30, 2010, the Italian Superenalotto paid out its highest jackpot ever — EUR177,729,044.00.
How to Play
To play the Italian Superenalotto, you must choose 6 numbers from 1-90. Match all six numbers extracted from the Bari, Florence, Milan, Naples, Palermo and Rome lottery wheels, and you win the Jackpot! Match any 5 of the numbers drawn plus the special "Jolly" (drawn from the Venice lottery drum), and you win the second division prize!
When the 1st and the 2nd division cash prizes are not won, both amounts are added to boost the Jackpot prize for the succeeding draw. And because the number range is so wide (1-90), rollover draws – and HUGE jackpots – are very common.
Here are just some of the Italian Lotto’s record-breaking Jackpot payouts:
- EUR 177,729,044.00 on October 30, 2010
- EUR 139,000,000.00 on February 9, 2010
- EUR 147,000,000.00 on August 22, 2009
- EUR 100,756,197.30 on October 23, 2008
- EUR 40,595,858.78 on April 26th, 2008
- EUR 23,905,526.63 on March 25th, 2008
- EUR 33,600,000.00 on Jan 15th, 2008
- EUR 34,900,000.00 on Oct 30th, 2007
- EUR 33,200,000.00 on August 21st, 2007
6 Ways to Win
Italian Lotto offers you 6 different ways to win. To win the Jackpot, your six numbers must match the first six numbers drawn. There is also a "Jolly Number", equivalent to the Irish or English "Bonus Number". Match five numbers plus the "Jolly Number" and you win the second prize!
Subsidiary prizes are also given for matching any 5, 4, 3 or 2 of the winning numbers drawn.
The Latest Italian Lotto News
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 13.3M on September 01
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 12.9M on August 29
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 12.5M on August 27
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 11.4M on August 20
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 11M on August 18
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 10.8M on August 17
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 10.5M on August 13
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 10.1M on August 11
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 8.2M on July 30
- Italian SuperEnalotto Draw: EU 7.9M on July 28